Monday, August 8, 2011

A Welcome Post

Like the blog's title expresses, my joy is where Jesus is. Right now for me Jesus is in Holland raising two young boys, caring for my husband, and caring for college students who are loving the Lord and learning to live their life to Him. We spend many happy evenings with students in our home for dinner, singing, and studying the Bible. When I was in college in Texas I was in an organization called Christians on campus. We may have a different name here, and we may speak a different language, but what we're enjoying has the same flavor, and I love it!

bridge near our apartment
Since most of my days are occupied with raising my boys I'll have lots to say and post about that. I think I'll try doing one post each week on a book my 3-year old and I are enjoying, one post on a project we've done together, and one post on something I've learned or experienced concerning the Christian life. I might also try to incorporate some things about life here in Holland.

I was touched recently by something I read in a Life-Study by Witness Lee. He said that he yearned to be with some who had learned the lessons in life. Am I such a person? Am I willing to be such a person? A quick review of my past lead me to repent and realize that even though I do love the Lord I'm still full of self-interest and often take the easy way out. But making the repentance lead me to turn my eyes to the Lord and let Him shine Himself into me as the one who is so ready, willing, and able to learn the lessons in life. Once again, Jesus was there, and so was my joy!

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of this blog! I look forward to every new post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you started this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad, too! May the Lord gain us in all the details in our daily living - then He will have our entire being! Becky

    ReplyDelete